Subject: [Leica] was Italy.now Brits x-raying film..
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:31:02 -0700

Jiri Dvorak wrote:

>The only x-ray problems were in London. Those guys always x-rayed all my
>film, despite it being in a clear plastic bag without containers. Americans
>and Italians let me hand it thru without the x-ray. What's wrong with those
>British guys?>>>>>>

Hello Jiri,

The Brits have an unfortunate problem with the IRA who like to bomb people
to little pieces and have made very effective bombs inside items the size
of a roll of film.

The terrorists have been known to make an explosive device using a film
cannister that can do some serious damage, or much worse, if they have a
bunch of film looking things in a clear bag all containing explosives.  Yes
and they mix in real film with the explosive cannisters.

Ergo ........they x-ray everything!

So now you know what's wrong with those British guys!

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant