Subject: RE: [Leica] was Italy.now Brits x-raying film..
From: "Guido Soprano" <guidosoprano@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:15:27 EDT

This really gets me going.

Well what can I say about the security retards at the airports. I'm amazed
at the poor quality - in my USA experience:

1. They can hardly speak the country's offical language.

2. We poor travellers get in the way of their 'jiving around' with each
other by asking them to stop that, and examine us and our possessions so we
can pass on to the departure gate. They seem to have a problem performing
the simple tasks for which they are employed, as this distracts them from
their social interaction.

3. They ask to check things in ways that make no sense ( I travel with my
laptop, two spare battery packs, and a mains adapter.They never check that
the spare packs/charger aren't semtex, but do want to see my computer boot
up, pager turn on, etc.)

4. They 'confiscate' laser-pointers for presentations, and refuse to hand
inspect film in a timely manner.

Back on topic. Recently, at Chicago's O'Hare International Apology For An
Airport, one of the obese, minimum wage mutants was able, after several
unintelligible, rudely shouted commands to me, able to convey that its
requirement was for me to TURN ON my screw-mount cameras! Upon being
informed that they were alway on, it peered through the bright line finders,
and pronounced them safe to pass through!

Guido the apoplectic air-traveller.