Subject: [Leica] 35mm problem
From: "Doug McLernon" <Douglas.McLernon@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:58:38 +0100

Dominique Pellissier said : I met the same problem with my "Canadian"
Summicron 2/35mm bought new in 1987 n° 3418651.Some weeks after, the front
barrel had loosened.
Leica France repaired the lens in a few days. Since then, I've met no
problem even with the plastic cap.

I initially asked about the off centre positioning of my lens hood on the
pre asph. Summicron. When someone, off LUG, suggested that I try to
reposition it with the use of the hood as a type of spanner  I was
successful but did find the lens was a bit loose ( not sloppy but finger
tight). Mine  is also  Canadian but then so is my faultless M4P . Sorry
Ted - I know you people are responsible for all the trouble in the Balkans
and the third world as well ;^) Yesterday I shot a roll of test film at
different distances wide open, I'll report back.
Doug