Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica filters
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:06:30 -0500

> However, I've noticed that
>used Leica filters are available for about double the
>price of a new B+W/Hoya filter.  Should I pay the
>extra $$$ for Lecia?
>
>Oh, by the way, I do not put a UV filter on my lenses.

Jonathan,
I like B+W filters.  I had a bad experience with a couple of used leica
filters back in 1983.  The little flat spring that slips in and secures the
glass tight in the rim, slipped out the bottom and caught in front
retaining ring notch (90mm 2.8). I had hell getting it off. I checked the
others and one other had a spring that would slip out. This was the only
time I had seen this happen. I traded them in for new B+W's.

Newp

R. Mark Newport
Publications and Special Projects
University of Texas - Permian Basin