Subject: Re: [Leica] Cosina 15 mm lens
From: John Bean <john-bean@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 21:00:32 +0100

Somebody said:
>Great images but doesnt focus to infinity on a M-6

That's strange, it does on my M2. It's a standard L39 lens with no rf
coupling and works fine on an M adaptor - I use an old 135/35 one. It's
amazingly good *for the money*, and surprisingly free of any gross
distortion. Vignettes a bit - maybe 1/2 stop - but that's hardly
surprising. The supplied viewfinder is truly excellent, by any standards,
but lacks a frame. I use this lens more than I thought I would.

It's 25/4 Snapshot-Skopar cousin is even cheaper, but not as sharp. Handy
if you can't justify a Leica 24mm, though. Both 15/4.5 and 25/4 have good
contrast and are admirably free of flare - more so than any of my 1960s
Leitz glass, for example.

Regards

John Bean