Subject: Re: [Leica] Security in U.K.
From: George Berger <gberger@his.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:54:52 -0400

Bill Lawlor wrote:

>At Heathrow, however, I have always encountered serious security and
>once had to submit to checked luggage search because a stainless steel
>developing tank tooked a lot like a land mine on the scanner.

My wife and I passed through Heathrow many years ago en route to
Brussels. We had to change from United to Sabena - -  and that
required one more pass through the security apparatus.

I was carrying an M-4 around my neck, with a Weston Master V meter in
my trousers pocket.

The security attendant "patted me down," and asked about the lump in
my trousers pocket.

I replied: "A light meter." to which he answered: "Oh, a Weston."

How times have changed < grin >

George

George Berger
gberger@his.com