Subject: [Leica] Need Digital Printer Recommendation Needed
From: "Clompus, Dr. Richard [INN]" <RCLOMPUS@INNUS.JNJ.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:07:26 -0400

Fellow LUGnuts,

I am sure this question has been covered before but for some reason the
answer didn't stick.

I shoot B&W Tri-X with my Leicas and find it more and more difficult to get
to the darkroom.  I can scan my negatives and use Adobe Photoshop to "dodge"
and "burn" the image to my satisfaction.  The problem is printing the final
image.  Many of the ink jet printers show banding (uneven tones where they
should be the same) and a general reduction in quality.

Does any one out there use a digital printer  for making quality B&W prints
that you would be happy to frame and exhibit?  Its hard to bring your laptop
to show friends your latest images.  B.D. Colen recommended  "The Digital
Darkroom" by George Schuss.  I just got it yesterday from Amazon.com and
it's a wonderful book.  Great recommendation.

Richard