Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Digital Printer Recommendation Needed
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:02:18 -0400

At 12:07 PM 8/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Fellow LUGnuts,
>
>I am sure this question has been covered before but for some reason the
>answer didn't stick.
>
>I shoot B&W Tri-X with my Leicas and find it more and more difficult to get
>to the darkroom.  I can scan my negatives and use Adobe Photoshop to "dodge"
>and "burn" the image to my satisfaction.  The problem is printing the final
>image.  Many of the ink jet printers show banding (uneven tones where they
>should be the same) and a general reduction in quality.
>
>Does any one out there use a digital printer  for making quality B&W prints
>that you would be happy to frame and exhibit?  Its hard to bring your laptop
>to show friends your latest images.  B.D. Colen recommended  "The Digital
>Darkroom" by George Schuss.  I just got it yesterday from Amazon.com and
>it's a wonderful book.  Great recommendation.
>
>Richard

Hi, Richard -

I highly recommend the Epson Photo printers.  I have the PhotoEx, but the
upgraded version is the 1200.  The photos are beautiful - no banding.  You
can usually find one for about $400 - a great buy IMHO.  I get the best
results on the Konica QP paper.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley,  ASMP