Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Print Development Time
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:05:44 -0700

D Khong wrote:

> Friends
>
> I am using Ilford MG IV paper and souped in Agfa Neutol WA 1+11.  My
> ambient temperature is about 27 degC +/- 2 degC, and my prints hit maximum
> density with continuous tray agitation in about 60 seconds.  If I keep them
> in the developer another 30 sec, I can still get a little more density but
> my whites start to get greyish.
>
> Dan K.
Your whole print is getting darker at that point so you are in effect increasing
your paper speed so you would need less exposure in the enlarger.
RC or Fiber by the way? We assume RC as you are going with the 60 time.
The Agfa Neutol WA is a lower activity developer warmer optimized for toning.
I would thinK it would be less activated using less Carbonate and would require
a bit more time than others.
Do I recall you having tried the new Agfa Neutol Plus with the Ascorbate in it?
Xtol for paper!
Mark Rabiner
If you liked your blacks much better at 90 seconds and aren't getting them at 60
even with increased contrast in your filter pack than this is a place for a cap
full of more restrainer: Bromide, Benzotriazole, or B&B.