Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW Leica USA screw mount lenses!
From: "Alexander Lee" <zone@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:26:40 -0400

> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:15:23 +0000
> From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@redrose.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW Leica USA screw mount lenses!
> Photovilla@aol.com wrote:

<snip>

> And if they make screw mount, then maybe they can make lenses for
> other camera mounts too.
> If they made a Contax/Yashica mount version of their R lenses Zeiss
> would lose a lot of business, for instance.
> ./patrick

I wouldn't be too sure about Contax losing lots of their lens business.
People who get Contax SLR tend to do so because they want Zeiss glass.  If
they had wanted Leica lenses, then they would have probably gotten Leica
bodies.

No offense to anyone, but there are some people who prefer Zeiss SLR lenses
to Leica SLR lenses, Zeiss SLR bodies to Leica SLR bodies.  Most of them
just happen to be subscribed to different mail lists.

Alex