Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Print Development Time
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 06:23:52 +0000

>Dan, it is time you tested your safelights!
>
>Regards,
>
>Robert

The white borders remain pure white, so I should not be blaming the
safelight.  Only the hightlights in the picture starts to get a wee bit
greyish.  I suspect that even RC paper can get overdeveloped.

Mark's suggestion about the additional Bromide restrainer might be the
antidote if I want to develop up to 2 minutes. From the various posts, 2
minutes seem to be the optimum development time for cooler climates with
water temperatures of 20 degC.  On the other hand I have just added a
metronome to my darkroom arsenal and I can now stop print development at 60
seconds using my ambient room temperature of 27 degC.

Dan K.
                     Live simply so that others might simply live.