Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Airport X-ray Test
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:15:52 -0700

>From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
>
>In my experience there's really no need to wind up >at LHR (or LGW) with a
>ton of exposed film. The day you leave, call in to Metro on the
>Clerkenwell Road (http://www.metroimaging.co.uk/), they're open 24/7, and
>will turn round E6 in 90 minutes. They're very good, you won't find a
>better D&P place anywhere in the world (David Bailey has used them for
>years, if that matters).

>The same logic applies to worrying about bringing film here. We're not a
>third world country, we *do* have shops that sell all types of
>photographic supplies!

Well, I was just transferring at LHR (Seattle->London->Rome, and back), so
no time to buy/process the film in London. Besides, I'm using B&W film that
I prefer to process myself. I know I could probably buy the film in Rome,
but that's the last thing I wanted to do, run "jet-lagged" around Rome,
looking for Delta 400 film.

Anyway, as I said before, Americans and Italians did hand check my film, so
I guess it just depends...

Maybe I'll try the above suggestion when I'll go to Britain only and shoot
only color :-).

Jiri Dvorak