Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW Leica screw,,Really?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:51:33 -0400

At 10:50 AM 8/11/1999 +1000, Horst Schmidt wrote:
>In a way, maybe we have to thank the Japanese for the re-introduction of the
>Leica screw mount.

Screw that shit, brother.  The Russians had a handle on it long ago:  their
lenses still make the Japanese efforts look embarrassing.  But, then, they
haven't yet made a 15mm lens.  But, I rarely -- hell, rarely?, twice a
year? -- use something wider than 5cm, so a 1.5cm lens seems as exciting to
me, as well, whatever GMC SUV (whatever THAT may mean!  Thank God, my head
is clear of unimportant acronyms!) so-and-so was praising recently on the
LUG as being superior to the Petsch Dollmeyer Carryall.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!