Subject: [Leica] Leica SM lenses
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:34:55 EDT

<<Does this mean Leica will take orders and then decide whether it will
actually produce the lens?  The 90 mm Summicron M has been promised for
months if not for more than a year and there are very, very few finding their
way to the dealers.>>

OK Don,

Now you have asked the $64,000 question!

I hope that this is NOT what they are doing and -in all fairness- (from what
I have heard) this is NOT what they did for 90APO's for R8 Motor drives.

I would bet that they will only be available in very limited quantities in
the begining and possibly for a while. I base this, not on anything I have
been told, but on the fact that they are being made "primarily for the
Japanese market."

As a responsible dealer, here is my offering plan sans prices:

I am ordering two of each of these lenses. I am going to take $150 deposits
from up to two interested parties on each lens to "place" holds on #1 and #2
of each. IF I don't receive the lenses by the end of September THEN I will
give the parties the option of having there monies returned. If I get 'em by
then...then we're all a-ok.

This plan is only a trial and I guess I will see if it all works out...

BTW, I have only received one deposit as of tonight, but about 16 "interested
parties." God bless the net. ;-)

later,
Rich