Subject: [Leica] Bah to Jim Brick and His BMW Fetish!
From: Jim Bauman <jbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:31:23 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

>The early '80's Audi 4000S may well be the closest thing to automotive
>perfection yet built.  Mine has 200,000 miles (325,000 km, give or take) on
>the clock, and is chomping for another roll-over on the odometer.

Whoa .. I won't touch THAT one with a ten foot pole -- except to say that
the longevity of your Nazi .. I mean Audi must be more a result of your
maintenance than automotive perfection!  My daughter has a 5000S, so deep
down I hope you're close to being right...

Now, an M4 with a 35 Summicron must be as close to photojournalistic
perfection as you can get...

Jim Bauman