Subject: RE: [Leica] Screw to M adapters
From: moorea@andovercontrols.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 09:00:21 -0400

	> Good God, Horst.  Have you USED these aftermarket jokers?  What do
YOU use?
	>  For that matter, what does Stephen Gandy use, and I'll lay some
Long Green
	> down that it is the Leitz original.
	>
	> Give me a friggin' break.  The copies are JUNK.  JUNK. JUNK.  $75
or $90

	Can you elaborate on the differences between the Leitz adapters and
the
	others?  I've got a couple Leitz ones, and one non-Leitz one (not
sure who
	makes it), and I haven't noticed any differences.  But I rarely use
them, so
	maybe it's just a matter of time.  Are the non-Leitz ones made with
softer
	metals that wear faster?  Are tolerances sloppier?

	By the way, hold out for lower-priced Leitz ones.  I refused to pay
the
	ridicuolously high $75 for a used adapter, and spent about half that
on
	each of my Leitz adapters, and $25 for the non-Leitz one that seems
	work just fine.  The more often we pay $75, the quicker the prices
will
	go up!