Subject: RE: [Leica] M6's @ $12 from Jim Bauman
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:41:25 -0400

Guido wrote:

But ponder this -- if the pricing and development of Leicas from 1958 to
present day followed that of personal computers, then today an M6 should
cost about $12!

Yah, but then I've to buy a new camera every 1.5 years,
it would crash repeatedly, and I'd have to keep taking
the battery out to reset the meter. Also, every five years Kodak would
discontinue the film format I've been using.

I am writing this on a Pentium 166 that cost me
approximately what an M6 cost 3 years ago.  This
computer is now almost worthless.

Jonathan Lee