Subject: [Leica] Minolta CLE Rokkors
From: "Anderson, Ferrel E" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:44:24 -0500

I don't know personally how the Rokkors compare with the comparable M
lenses, but a lot of photographers used the 40mm Leica CLE lens on their
Leicas.  Their comments were that the Leica CLE lens was as good or better
than the 50mm Summicron at the time.  I don't know about the 40mm Rokkor,
but the 90mm f4 Rokkor is the same as the 90mm f4 Elmar CLE lens.  Jim Lager
in his book on Leica lenses, states that the 90mm Rokkor is the only Leica
made 35mm format lens that has been sold under another Company name!