Subject: [Leica] Focomat II C
From: "Anderson, Ferrel E" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:39:04 -0500

Rich,

Q:  Are there both glass and glassless negative carriers available?

A:  Leica supplies two conventional film carriers.  The carrier for up to 6
X 9 cm negatives is a double glass type.  The carrier for 35mm negatives is
a single glass type with the glass acting as a pressure "plate" on top of
the negative.  They supply carriers for electron micrographs, but this as
also a double glass plate type.  They also sell a carrier for glass plate
negatives for 6.5 x 9 and 7X7 cm formats.  This carrier, cat no 17869, does
not have any glass, and could probably be converted to glassless carrier
(Why would you want a glassless plate carrier?  I have had no problems with
my glass carriers, and don't have to worry about whether the negative is
flat, and whether it will buckle with heat).

Q:  What about a color head?

A:  Leica supplied the adapters and heads of the following types:

	Agfa Color Head

	Super Chromega D Dichroic II

	Durst CLS 450

	Wallner

I don't know whether these are still available, but they are out there, and
on occasion can be bought used.  I don't know whether the Aristo cold light
would fit, but I am sure an adapter for it can be made by a competent
machinist.

Q:  Does the IIC print 2 1/4 by 3 1/4 inch?