Subject: Re: [Leica] Yashica T4 Super
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:31:43 -0700

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:
><snip>
> >I was recently traveling to a family reunion, and chose to only bring a
> >Yashica T-4 Super.
><snip>
>         --> this Yashica worldwide success, more than 15 years
>         now, if not 20, is the very finest example of
>         trickle down technology in the field of photography.
>         A Zeiss Tessar on a C$225 "everyone can afford it"
>         point & shoot a 7 year old can use, with enough of
>         useable automation and general quality, makes
>         a very serious point that's of major concern to
>         well over 95% of photographers alive today:
>         It's not the size, it's not the fancy programs,
>         it's not the zooms, it's not the frills
>         that provide what's adequate to help most people
>         attain what photography is about to most people:
>         "clear" souvenir snapshots of the cat and dog, grandma
>         with the new baby, cute Sue with her new Honda Civic,
>         uncle Bill with his latest crush he met in New Haven,
>         the latest downtown tornado, Ben's $10 million winner's check,s
>         Mark's first contact with aliens, etc..
><snip>
>         Andre Jean Quintal
My wife took her T4 super to Denver with her to the last LHSA meeting there last
year. In the Viewfinder she ended up being prominently displayed using her
camera a few months later among many other LHSA'ers who not all had Leica's.
But always having a 35mm lens has proved limiting for her so she now yearns for
a LTM. Third party options loom.
Mark Rabiner