Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm vs 24mm
From: daniel mcclenaghan <danielmc@fda.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:49:45 -0700

austin, I use a 28mm 3rd version exclusively on my m4-p for general
photos and it is perfect for people shots when you want to show them in
context. I feel the 28mm gives a very comfortable view.Take a look at
any of Winogrands pictures he reportedly only used a 28mm.I feel that
because of leica's superior optics you could get away with wider focal
lengths with out the obivious signs like distortion which can detract
from the image. Because of this I see no reason why you couldn't use
their 24mm with the same discreetness even though i haven't had a chance
to shoot with one(it took me six months just to save up for my used
28mm). all in all i think you would be fine choosing either. if you
could afford it i would go for the 24mm but i can personally recommend
28mm.

                                    daniel mcclenaghan