Subject: Re: [Leica] Sopranos
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 02:35:46 -0700

Raimo Korhonen wrote:

> As far as I know Guido is a first name for a male person. We all know what
> sopranos are. In the old times there used to be lots of male singers like
> that. So if something nasty has been done to Guido we must show compassion
> and be understanding, not rude.
> All the best!
> Raimo
><snip>

"Castrato" is the specific high-title you would wish to convey in the name of
compassion to our Italian/American friend.
But I'm sure he could straighten you out on those formalities. How are your high notes?
My favorite TV show is called "The Sopranos" on HBO with a new season starting
in January but it's rerunning now.
It's about a modern mafia family in New Jersey. It's better than Hill Street Blues.
It's kind of like Jules Pfiffer meets Mario Puzo meets the Adams family meets Clueless.
My guess is that is where he got the last name from.
I think "A Soprano" is someone who sings, talks to the Feds but that hasn't
entered into the storyline yet.
In my defence  "The Sopranos" is the only show I watch on TV (no commercials)
other than La Femme Nikita which is terrible but I watch it anyway. The opposite
of the filmed version. The laughable USA channel. USA appears to mean: Canada.
That's why they call it the USA channel! Same continent! They should call it the
"hey kids lets have a TV station" Channel.
Mark Rabiner