Subject: [Leica] m2
From: Alan Brown <abrown@ncsi.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 08:51:53 -0500

I have two M2s, both of which have the newer shutter speed range, i.e. 1/60
instead of 1/50 and 1/125 instead of 1/100.  I was wondering if all M2s
used this arrangement or were there some made with the 1/100 shutter
speeds?  I know the M3 had both during its run.

Also, since I were glasses, is there anyone who can put the M6 rubberized
(?) eyepiece on M2s and is it expensive?  Or is there another option to
keeping my glasses from getting scratched?

I have only been on this list for a few weeks and have enjoyed it
immensely.  I appreciate the information I am getting from a technical
standpoint, but also treasure posts like Jim Brick's recent one about his
4x5 Linhof and how the photo gods do (occasionally) smile.

I also tried Mark Rabiner's suggestion of leaving the b+w print in the
developer for 8 to 10 minutes with no agitation.  I got chemical fogging
and mottling in the print but the shadows really were different and very
interesting.  I'll try somewhat shorter development times to try to find
the threshold of the chemical problem but the image quality strongly
suggests some further investigation.

Thanks again to all for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Alan Brown