Subject: Re: [Leica] m2
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:56:07 -0700

From: Steve LeHuray <icommag@toad.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 1999 2:20 PM

> To Marc and Mark,
> Some things die hard don't they? There is nothing wrong with plastic
> eyeglass lenses. Why would anybody want to walk around with twice the wait
> sitting on their nose. I know that both of you won't beleive it but they
DO
> NOT scratch. Oh, maybe if you take a scew driver and drag it across the
lens
> but the gentle rubbing against a brass viewfinder will leave nary a mark
> (oops) scratch.
> Steve
> Annapolis

I would like to add that while plastic lenses are not as scratch resistant
as glass (glass too will scratch), they are far less fragile.
I have been using a pair of reading glasses with plastic lenses for 5 years
now and,
Although I have dropped them more than once, they are as clear as the day I
paid a small fortune for them.
I use ROR (Residual Oil Remover) and a micro-fiber cloth for cleaning.

Joseph