Subject: Re: [Leica] My M6 is rusting
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:29:58 -0600

Bert wrote:

> At 06:26 12-8-99 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Anyone else seen a top plate with acne?
>
> Yes, my 1992 bought (1990 built) M6 also suffers from a very mild form of
> BCA (black chrome acne).

Hmm, I've previously encountered M4-Ps with pitting near the strap lugs,
and in one case, it looked like someone had rubbed black paint into the
surface--maybe not such a bad idea, if it keeps the zinc from becoming
zinc oxide! Good stuff for sunburn protection, not so hot for cameras
bodies, I think.

What does a new top cover cost these days, anyway?

Jeff