Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Critique - listen up!
From: Ericplatt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:09:06 EDT

Okay, I'll take the "test":

<Sounds to me like you're new here.  We get off topic a fair bit.  It's
like a family - we chat about all kinds of stuff.  BTW , what's your
favorite Scotch?>

This minute?  Isle of Jura.  It's what I have next to me right now.  When
that's done, I'm trying some Linkwood.  My favorite would be Bushmill "green
label" but I can't get it here in the States (have to have friends bring a
bottle back when they travel).

(on eyeglasses).  Geez.  I've had the same pair of plastic lensed suckers for
about 4 years now.  I'm going to finally get rid of them fairly soon (i.e.,
within the next 12 months) because I scratched the daylights out of one lens,
courtesy of a N*k*n FM I was trying (no eyecup protector).

<You are definitely new here, aintcha?  Stick around, there's lots of
talk about Ms and SMs on this list  - patience, grasshopper, patience.>

Totally agreed.  Even though I'm a definite "rookie" on the list, I've
learned a number of things.  Like which threads to delete in a hurry<G>.

<Well, there are a couple of ways to look at Leica M pictures. >

I often use my eyes.  Actually, as of now, I'm in the "drop at off at the lab
and hope for the best" attitude.  Eventually, and someday, I'll probably try
to find a scanner and software and a better printer.  For now, though, it's
just cheaper for me to have the occasional enlargements done by the local
photo stores.

Actually, as often as this list aggravates me, (and it does), I do enjoy the
discourse on it.  Now let's see if I can aggravate some folks.

Eric Platt