Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/2 SONNAR Lens for Leica?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:29:51 -0400

At 06:22 AM 8/16/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>Thanks.... and how is the quality of the Zeiss Sonnar pics compared to the
>Leica ones of that era (I presume Elmar / Summitar would be the Sonnar's
>contemporary)?

The 2/5cm Sonnar and the Russian Jupiter-8 are the equivalent of the 2/5cm
Summitar;  either one should handily outperform the collapsible Summicron
and be on par with the rigid/NF Summicron.  The 2.5/5cm Sonnar and the
Russian Jupiter-3 are the contemporary of the Summarit and easily blow it
into the weeds:  they are the effective equal in performance to the
second-generation 1.4/50 Summilux.

Both are superb lenses and worthy of consideration.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!