Subject: [Leica] Do you know the history of Leica ...
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:38:53 -0400

Saturday we worked with some young film maker on a short movie in one of
Atlanta's parks to shoot some still photos.  I talked with some people that
walked by and had my M6 around my neck.  One of the guys looked at my camera
and said that he hasn't seen a Leica in years.  He asked me if I would knew
the history of Leica?  I was delighted to meet somebody that supposedly knew
something about Leica and said that I know few things about Leica's history
but I am always eager to learn new things.
Then he lifted his voice and declared:  Before WW II Leica used to be the
camera of choice for professional photographer but in 1960 they made a big
mistake and build a reflex camera.  Since then Nikon is ruling in the camera
world and nobody is buying Leica anymore.
I said: Is that so? and smiled.  His wife got my message and grabbed him
embarrassed at his arm and left.

I just wonder why people make stupid statements like that?
"Just tell me what the subject is and I fined the envelope with the answer",
or if you can't impress them with the facts, try to baffle them with BS!

You never stop learning.
Jörg