Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #93
From: Ktuckphoto@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:56:37 EDT

Just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding I created in my first post to this
group.  I took to task people with Leica M's doing digital work on PC's.
Paul thought I meant that photographers shouldn't be doing digital at all.  I
did not clearly elucidate my point.  I am amazed that people are trying to do
digital on Windows PC.  Far from being a digital luddite, I work with A Nikon
LS-2000 film scanner on my desk and a brand spanking new Epson 1200 printer
on my desk (third generation of Epson photo printers I have owned and loved).
 My disbelief is that anyone saavy enough to shoot with Leicas is not working
on a G3 Power MacIntosh.  ColorSync! Faster processing speeds! Far more
elegant.

As you guessed Paul, I am new to this site but not new to Leica or
photography.  I shoot with R's and M's and a Linhof TechniKarden.  I shoot
for High tech clients such as IBM, Dell, Tivoli Systems and Motorola.  Dirty
secret of High Tech industry....The creative department at Tivoli (an IBM
Company) is all MacIntosh.  The designers I work with at Dell telecommute and
guess which system they have in their home offices?  MacIntosh!  Ditto
Motorola and IBM.  Makes you stop and think.

Paul, since you asked, I like Glenlivet.  And thanks the welcoming tone to
your reply.

Kirk