Subject: Re: [Leica] Indecisive Moment
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:05:06 -0400

Robert Stevens wrote:

> Ted:
><snip> If you press the shutter just prior to the decisive
> moment and capture it, the few frames after that will be past it.  If you
> just hold down the button hoping to capture the decisive moment, you will
> probably miss it because at six frames per second, the exposures are too
> far apart.  He later started using a high speed Canon F1 which does 15fps
> and he says if he presses the shutter at the right time, he may get two
> good shots of the decisive moment.  After attending his seminar, I tried
my
><snip>
> >

>>The Canon Elura, just released is designed to do just that.
"Digital Motor Drive. This capability lets you shoot 30 frames per second
and
"grab" sharp, clear individual frames-to capture just the right instant or
analyze action sequences." From the Sept/Oct issue of American Photo.
It does it differently because of a progressive scan CCD.
Won't that be satisfying. For those who lack all and any anticipation.
>>Mark Rabiner
=======
I would think a cheap digital camera would be more graceful.
It really reveals what people are like at that decisive moment.  Some will
just start shooting everywhere with eyes closed in a hopeless but successful
state of brilliance.  Just aim close and fire the whole roll off in that
area.  That's a bit different than using a roll on one shot while changing
one's aperture, etc.  It does sound fun though. I wouldn't mind changing
between rolls - using an M6 and then get the machine gun scan thing out and
then eventually one in each hand.