Subject: Re: [Leica] Flat Panel Displays (slightly OT)
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:15:53 -0400

Thanks to the many who offered advice on my question about flat panel
displays. Andre, your advice bears the imprint of experience. Yes, my
current computer/monitor/scanner/printers rig is large, gray, and
aesthetically challenged.

This weekend we were able to check out flat panel displays side by side
with CRTs at a local CompUSA, and even my wife could see that the quality
of the image was relatively deficient. Yet, as several of you noted, flat
panels are clearly where the future lies. I just hope their quality and
performance improve rapidly.

For the time being we're sticking with the behemoth. Once again, thanks to
all.///Dick Baznik
________