Subject: Re: [Leica] Reliability?
From: "Wildmagic" <Wildmagic@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:06:02 -0700

Hi Mr. Rabiner:

> I'm in Portland too!

I wonder if we have ever passed each other in the Japanese Gardens (my
favorite photo challenge).

I'm don't doubt your experience with the M6's reliability, but yours is a
few years old.  The failures that I'm hearing about are from the newer
units.  My information about the returns came from ProPhoto.  Not all of the
failures that I mentioned occurred with people living in Portland.  Some
were in Germany, others in the San Francisco Bay area, and I had trouble
with the meter when I owned one.

Thanks for mentioning Mr. Crispin.  I'll keep him in mind if I end up with a
problem unit. I'll be buying grey market lenses, but I get a USA M6 as I
want the Passport warranty on the body.

I'm not in the wrong list, as far as I can tell.  I'm seeking advice on the
M, as I need it for low light work.  If you don't like my ignorance on the
M, or you don't like the way I ask questions, please feel free to put me
into your twit-filter any time.  As for working with the G... I am very
comfortable with the system and easily get the images that I want, in spite
of some of its quirks.  It is an astonishing machine that isn't everything
to everyone.  But I'm not debating between the two systems.  I think they
both have their place, and I need both.  Have you ever used one, or are your
judgements on it hearsay or from playing with it for a few minutes in a
store?

Regards,
Michael