Subject: [Leica] Kodak T400CN vs. Kodak B&W+400
From: Ericplatt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:22:33 EDT

I'm sure this has come up, but I haven't checked the archives over it.  I
have done a _very_ informal comparison of the "old" T400CN with the new Kodak
B&W+.  Now, it may be influenced on the mini-lab that does my processing, but
in all cases, I find the B&W+ a better film.  Better gray reproduction,
better detail, less grain and an overall "smoother" image.  No, it isn't as
good as "real" black and white, but for a "cheapie" film that can be
processed anywhere I love it.  In fact, I may go off on a little spree in the
near future and shoot nothing but this film for a while.

Here's what I consider it's major advantage.  The negatives can be used on
any of the Kodak enlargers that most mini-labs have.  The one where you feed
the negative strip in.  I've seen it done.

Please feel free to comment on this, or totally disagree.  I'd love to know
what others are finding out about this film.  It seems to me that Kodak is
not "pushing" it on the public as much as they could.  The only ad I saw for
it featured railroad photography, which is like waving a bottle of scotch in
front of me.  You know I'm going to be interested.

Eric Platt