Subject: [Leica] Oss Again?
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:18:45 -0700

On 15 Aug 99, Ktuckphoto@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> As you guessed Paul, I am new to this site but not new to Leica or
> photography.  I shoot with R's and M's and a Linhof TechniKarden.  I
> shoot for High tech clients such as IBM, Dell, Tivoli Systems and
> Motorola. Dirty secret of High Tech industry....The creative department
> at Tivoli (an IBM Company) is all MacIntosh.  The designers I work with
> at Dell telecommute and guess which system they have in their home
> offices? MacIntosh!  Ditto Motorola and IBM.  Makes you stop and think.

Yep, there are many who use MAC, but not all, just as there is not
unanimity the other way around.

Though MAC still has some unique aspects that are particularly
useful to the graphics arts industry, the chasm that used to exist
between OSs is much smaller, and in other than graphics, PC
certainly has some applications advantages.

I sure hope we don't start the OS wars again on this forum.
They're interminable, and will not be adjudicated; certainly not on
this forum, and likely, not on others for which it is proper grist.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

   Thought for the day: