Subject: [Leica] RE: Olympus XA rangefinder
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:27:41 -0700

I had one since new and never had a lick of a problem, but as
Mark said, it does vignette quite noticeably. Got rid of it when I
came up with a mint Rollei 35 and found that I could do scale
focusing as quickly as I could use the much inferior RF (compared
to M6) on it.

The images? Decent to good on the XA, but that Tessar on the
Rollei 35 blows it away. AND, the Rollei is very resistant to
Arizona flare.

The clamshell is cute as a bugs ear, but I would guess that Gary is
pretty spoiled by his Leica glass and will find the XA acceptable for
4 x 6 in. prints, and that's about it.

An upside to the super sensitive shutter release is that when
mastered, you will be a better lover.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

          Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only
          truth, but supreme beauty--a beauty cold and austere,
          like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of
          our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of
          painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of
          a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.

               -- Bertrand Russell