Subject: [Leica] Re: followup, 8mm fisheye option
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 99 07:59:26 +1000

Robert Monaghan <rmonagha@post.cis.smu.edu> wrote:

>like to try an 8mm 180
>degree circular fisheye effect to know that there are some inexpensive
>front of the lens fisheye adapters that provide such effects on both 35mm
>SLR and RF cameras

Maybe okay for mucking about - but for professional and technical
use, hopeless!

I've tried out lots of fisheye lenses in the course of my VR work.
So far, the Leitz 16mm fisheye elmarit is the best resolution and
flare wise.  An added advantage it has is that it follows the ideal
fisheye mathematical projection - other fisheyes don't and thus images
they capture have to be polynomial corrected if you are going to
stitch them together into one 360-degree seamless whole.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
nemeng.com