Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V10 #97
From: "eferro" <eferro@tbscc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:28:00 -0400

>From: Bernard Delgado <delgado@nytimes.com>
>Subject: [Leica] wipe marks

>I have a collapsible 50 summicron in screwmount.
>The coating is about as ugly as they come. Wipemarks galore.

>Has anyone had any positive results in having a lens polished & recoated?
>- -Bernard
Bernard:
	I recently had a collapsible 50 summicron in bayonet mount and a second in
screw mount done by John VanStelton.  The screw mount lens really looked
gross.  I just got it back and it's beautiful.  You really can't tell that
there were huge wipe marks in the coating before it went out.  Cost was
about $250 and John is a pleasure to deal with.  Makes the lenses work like
new again.  I'd recommend it.
Ernie