Subject: [Leica] Re: Dammit!!!
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:53:43 -0400

This sound like something you coulr fix yourself with a filter ring tool. I
have used mine to straighten bent Leica hoods and even the front ring of a
a Canon 85mm lens. (very heavy brass)

You can get them from www.micro-tools.com

Ken Wilcox

At 07:51 AM 8/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Well.... #@#!!%$*&!!!!!
>Went and dropped my "new" 90 Elmarit-R while shooting a wedding. Landed
>right on the Series 7 filter holder- bending it (another reason I detest
>built in lens hoods, they offer NO protection!) so the filter holder is
>jammed on the front threads, no problem if I don't want to use filters....
>but I JUST got a couple of series 7 filters from e-bay....
>So, any recomendations on who to send this to? I'll also need a new filter
>retainer.
>just f*****g great!
>
>(Happily no damage to the lens itself, these things are built like a TANK!!)
>
>Clumsily,
>
>Bob Keene

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>