Subject: [Leica] Re: Comments on 80/1.4R...
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:21:33 -0400

I don't have an 80mm R but would like to submit my 2 cents worth on the
issure of obstructed viewfinder with the 75 and 50 f/1 for M. I have both
of these lenses and yes, they DO obstruct a bit of the viewfinder. I've
always found that the blockage is a very minor annoyance rather than a real
problem. Quite often I don't even notice it as I shoot. I just shift the
aim slightly to check the field of view, then shift it back. This is easy
to do on a tripod if you use a flexhead.

Do others find the obstruction to be a BIG problem?

Ken Wilcox

At 03:13 PM 8/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
> I've heard so much praise about the 50/1M and the 75/1.4M, what a special
>"finger print" they have, and so on. What about the 80/1.4R? Since I'm
>contemplating the purchase of one fast short tele in near future, I'd like
>to hear from users of  the 80/1.4R:
>Does it also have some special qualities?
>How does it compare to 75/1.4M and 90 Summicrons (both M and R)?
>How's flare control, bokeh and sharpness?
>How does it balance on R cameras (especially on R7)?
>Or is the 75/1.4M so special that one should rather live with a partially
>obstructed viewfinder?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jiri D.

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>