Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport XRay one more time (ugh)
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:16:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/99 7:04:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
schiemer@magicnet.net writes:

<snip> << Continues with, "But, I gotta tell you this, the thing that really
zaps film
 is those metal detectors. They can RUIN film. There's so much magnetism in
 those things it's just terrible for any kind of films." >>

I sent film VIA Airborne Express for the first time recently (always used UPS
before) and called them to verify whether they X-ray or not.  The woman
assured me they "have absolultely no magnetic scanning machines" so I had
nothing to worry about.  When I politely explained that magnetism would be
detrimental only to magnetic media like computer disks, etc. but I was
concerned with x-rays, I could practically hear the little birdies twittering
on the other end of the line.