Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 400 2.8 vs Canon 500 f4, Leica 280 vs Canon 300
From: Frank Conley <frankconley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

Depending upon the subject matter, I've seen plenty of photographers
shooting 300 and 400's hand held. At basketball games, you balance it
on your knee. At football games, you only try to lift it when you have
to. But for most sporting events, you need to be able to move fast and
even a monopod will slow you down.

It's not fun, but if you just prop your elbow into your stomach, you
can shoot a 400 handheld without *that* much trouble.