Subject: [Leica] New Fuji film
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:15:07 -0700

The Fuji reps came into my newspaper today with care packages for
photographers--shirts, etc. but more importantly including samples of their
new film, called Provia F  and/or RDP III (might be a bit off on the names,
forgot to bring them home), 100 asa. I won't be able to test them for a couple
weeks, as we're getting a new Noritsu E-6 machine I want to wait for, but they
assured me the new film would be out in 2-3 weeks. Here's what they told me
about it:

It'll be loved by the lovers of the old RDP, as it will have greater
pushability, still looking good at two stop push and beyond. So they say.

Grain will be finer than Velvia. It won't be as contrasty as Velvia.

They gave us posters of full-frame images blown up significantly, and the
grain is indeed remarkable.

We'll all have to do our own tests, but for the first time since the demise of
RDP I'm really excited about an E-6. This could rival Kodachrome in some
respects.

Dave Yoder