Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta made R9
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:59:58 -0700

I was hearing the same stuff in J-school fifteen years ago. Back then it was
only two or three years away, and here it's just now beimg imposed on me, at a
great compromise to quality. Sure, computers have made leaps and bounds in the
last five years but digital imaging is a different ballgame, and though it'll
doubtless be improving, film is technology is improving too and all I've seen
the ccd do so far is suck in comparison to film.

And I haven't heard a thing about magical new ccd technology. Perhaps I'm not
in the right circles. But if it's that far along and that close to commercial
release I'd expect to be seeing something in Popular Science or Jane's 'cause
you can bet the military will already be using it in their satellites...

Dave Y.