Subject: Re: [Leica] Wasted Bandwidth
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:14:33 -0400

Marc James Small wrote:
> Pray, do not be a fool.  I have owned ten or twelve Leicas in my time, and
> every one has had a hard thunk onto concrete.  The only one hurt other than
> cosmetics was an M2.
>
> We all do this.  It is part of the system.  I have dropped Rolleis, Zeiss
> Ikons, Hasselblads.  Others, as well.
>
> Tough cameras, and I am a tough customer.  I often list cameras for sale
> which are E, or E+, or mint, but these are never the ones I use.  Those are
> E-, honestly deserved!
>
> Marc

I had the stomach-wrenching experience of hearing my Hasselblad 50mm
Distagon CFLE hit the concrete from the four foot high ledge where I had
placed it. It landed on the rear lens cap which obligingly shattered.
The rear mount has the slightest dimple. I promptly sent it to Brad
Sherman at Precision camera (on Monday) who pronounced it safe, sound
and fully operable on Wednesday and had it returned to me today,
Thursday.

The point of this. It hurt badly enough having it happen to a Hasselblad
lens. I've learned my lesson so that it doesn't happen to my Leica glass
or bodies.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/