Subject: Re: [Leica] Telephoto -- hand held
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:26:49 -0400

I've used the Leica "tube type shoulder brace pistol grip with micro
switch" connected to the motor drive for many years. Saves all the manual
adjusting and the micro switch is so quick the camera is fired, or appears
to, faster than you can do manually.
<<<

Ted,

I used the switch in the grip for a few years but gave up in frustration
because the auto exposure gave me too many exposure errors.  With the
chrome films I use and the extreme range of brightness values in many of
the wildlife subjects, the exposure has to be more accurate than automatic
systems have been (for me) and moving my hand back and forth between the
camera and grip to set manual exposure then make the exposure was more
trouble than keeping my hand at the camera.

I sure got more photos, more quickly, but the exposure errors sent 'em into
the circular file.  If I could get the exposure accuracy I want, I'd still
be using the switch in the grip.  IMHO holding the lens at the grip is even
steadier than the way I do it.

Doug Herr
Sacramento