Subject: Re: [Leica] Oktoberfest -- 4 weeks away
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:20:04 -0700

Mark Rabiner writes:

|They have so many Oktoberfest's in every small town in the USA that we forget
|that there is an original real thing!
|I had a beer in Munich and it wasn't like any beer I've ever had before or
since!
|Hand me a beer the Millenniums hear!!!
|Mark Rabiner
|Do they have Tofu sausages in Munich?

I always thought that the Octoberfest was the beginning of the pre-Lenten
celebration known as Fasching.  One sort of begins an early celebrations
lasting until Lent --- at which point you should be able to "wash your wallet
in the Rhine" to show that you have held nothing back.  Sort of like buying
Leica equipment.  We could start a whole new non-alcoholic trend here.

- --Bill