Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WAS: Monaghan's on AF lenses..BSHIT!:)
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:18:52 -0700

Jim Shulman writes:

|Just checked the status of our group's mission, which reads, quote:
|
|The Leica Users Group is an automated mailing list, for people who are
|interested in Leica cameras of all types, M or R, old or new.

Jim, from what are you quoting?  I have never seen this description of the
mission statement for the group.

The mission statement from the welcoming message as of the 6th of July (since
we are quoting) states:

"This list is intended to be used by people who take photographs with Leica
and other rangefinder cameras.

"Most of the members of the list are owners or want-to-be owners of Leica
cameras. While it is impossible to draw a firm boundary between camera users
and camera collectors, this list is not intended to be a forum for camera
collectors.

"It is acceptable for individuals occasionally to post advertisements to sell
cameras, and very much acceptable for individuals to post requests to buy
cameras. Any user who is obviously conducting a business in the sale of
cameras will be removed from the list.

"While all of us recognize that fine rangefinder cameras have been and are
made by other companies than Leica, and many of us own Canon, Nikon, or
Contax rangefinders, the name Leica has stood for excellence in rangefinder
cameras for more than half a century.

"Yes we know that Leica makes SLR's. They are excellent cameras and you will
find some people on this list who own them and talk about them. However, the
majority of the traffic and the interest is in rangefinder cameras."

This quite different than the quote that you have.  I would really like to
know when Brian stated what you quote.

Bill Larsen