Subject: Re: [Leica] Sekonic Meter
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:25:02 -0400

csocolow wrote:

> Dear LUG,
>
> They say two things happen when you pass thirty: The first is your
> memory starts to go; the second... I forget. That being said, I can't
> remember what those of you who have the Sekonic L-308BII meter have done
> to resolve the difference between reflected and incident readings. I
> should add that it's approximately 3-4 tenths of a stop under what my
> other Sekonic and Minolta meters read. I had both of them serviced by
> Quality Light-Metric about a year ago and feel confident with their
> readings. Please reply on or off LUG as you deem relevant to Leica use.

Carl,

If memory serves...there should be no difference between reflected and
incident readings if the reflected reading is taken completely off of a
properly positioned 18% gray card. Trouble is, most don't carry said
cards, and they're difficult to properly position, which is why incident
almost always is the way to go. Or did I miss something?

David W. Almy
Annapolis