Subject: [Leica] traveling with cameras
From: "Francesco Sanfilippo" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:23:43 -0700

Wow, Brazil does not sound like a fun place to carry around a Leica.
Amilcar, you scared me away!  I would only go down there now in a
group of at least 2 males or more.....
I have been to Bangkok, Bali, and Hong Kong with my chrome R8 and
80/1.4 hanging from my neck, after many warned me, and I caught a few
guys here and there watching the chrome glisten in the sun, but no one
ever
followed or came close to approaching me, and I am a small dude.  I was
with my fiancee who was carrying her big Nikon F5 and 85/1.4 around her
neck for 3 weeks too......it was great, we never had a problem, only
felt slightly threatened 3 times by guys in the street watching us, 2x
in BKK
and 1x in HK. Bali was total serenity, I could not imagine a thief even
being
a possibility in Bali, the people are just amazing there.  I could live
there.

Francesco