Subject: Re: [Leica] traveling with cameras
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:58:19 +0000

Francesco wrote:
>I have been to Bangkok, Bali, and Hong Kong with my chrome R8 and
>80/1.4 hanging from my neck, after many warned me, and I caught a few
>guys here and there watching the chrome glisten in the sun, but no one
>ever

Thailand is probably one of the more safer places in Asia to tote a camera.
The people might watch you out of curiosity but are unlikely to stick a
knife to rob you. They are actually quite gentle and I have not seen anyone
pick a fight with anybody else.  All said, it does not mean that leaving
your camera unattended is equally safe.  Like all places, it's a matter of
finders keepers.
It also makes sense to avoid dark alleys and unsavoury spots even though
you have another two males with you.

Dan K.
                  My "decisive moment" images are often posed shots.